Absolute rotary encoders for specific requirements
We can develop rotary encoder systems, which differ considerably from the standard design, to meet your requirements. On the one hand we can design your rotary encoder so that it can be integrated into existing components. Or you can precisely define the mechanical design through housing type, housing design, coupling, shaft and mounting, combined with one of the many different interfaces. The rotary encoders are supplied pre-assembled and can be installed directly in the motor housing, for example.
For example we design encoders without their own shaft bearing, which you can use as motor feedback systems in actuators and process actuators, for example. The drive shaft is inserted into the encoder and drives the rotary encoder mechanism via pinions or claw couplings. Depending on the scanning variant it is possible to achieve resolutions up to 2,048 steps / revolution or 8,192 steps / revolution with up to 4,096 revolutions.
The advantages of individual rotary encoders
- Small number of components for your device
- Low-cost manufacture thanks to ready-to-install delivery
- Safe operation even with low-frequency excitation thanks to vibration resistance up to 25 g and shock resistance up to 100 g
- Optional housing up to IP 67 or “oil-tight”
- Flange connection and housing made of aluminium or other materials, such as corrosion-resistant stainless steel or special plastic
Further options for individual rotary encoders
- Integrated heating or water cooling
- Individual connector technology
- Rotary encoder as double encoder with SSI and field bus
Tropicalized with “Seal Pack”
The “Seal Pack” is available as an option for TR-Electronic’s absolute rotary encoder in the standard industrial size of 58 mm for solid shaft and blind shaft. Thanks to the additionally sealed housing cover, absolute rotary encoders are thus fully tropicalized.
- Imperviousness to temporary immersion (IP 67, testing according to DIN EN 60529)
- Hermetically sealed against the penetration of moisture in the event of temperature changes in a moist environment (testing according to DIN EN 60068-2-30)
- Special imperviousness to the penetration of penetrating oils such as honing oil.